Outlook Add-in for Smartsheet

I am currently using the Add-in for Outlook. The problem I am having is when I sign in with the app in outlook the side panel appears with the view of the project management sheet for about 1 second then disappears. Has anyone else experienced the same? I do not know if this is a smartsheet add-in issue or outlook? We also use gmail for one account and the add-in works perfect. Dazed and confused. LOL

Comments

• Hello,

This may browser related. A few things you can try to potentially fix this:

1. Try using a different browser to see if you get the same effect.
    2. Try clearing cache and cookies in your browser.
    3. If that doesn't work, try disabling your browser extensions.

If any of the above doesn't fix the issue, contact our Support team so they can troubleshoot with you further.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Question:  Were you referring to Outlook the DESKTOP program, or to the Outlook WEB INTERFACE using the browser?  It makes a difference when you consider whether or not the browser is the culprit, yes?

I have experienced the exact same symptoms as you.  Went through SS support and my IT department back and forth on it for a long while, but never really got a final resolution.  I have basically just given up on it.  Can only dedicate so much time to troubleshooting.

The weird thing is that if I log into my Outlook Web interface the Smartsheet for Outlook add-in works perfectly every time.  But on the desktop version, the one I use the most, it does what you have described.  Appears for a moment, I start to use it, then it disappears.

One tip they gave me was to make sure that Internet Explorer was set as the default for html links in the 'Default Programs' windows settings.  That did not fix it for me, but may for you.

• Hi Brad, did you get any solution. I face exactly same issued. Funny part is my colleagues are able to use outlook addin without any problem. 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Saurabh,

No, sadly I never found a solution.  I even got a new laptop with a fresh install of Office 2016, but I just can't get it to work. I just gave up on it entirely. 

Currently my company is in the lonnnng process of transitioning from Office 2016 to O365, so there's no need for me to dig further into it.

Much of it has to do with how your servers are configured I think.  Many of the 'nifty' integration features of SS depend upon your systems being cloud-based, but most of my company's resources are server-based, so I miss out on some cool stuff.

And also, Smartsheet is a black-sheep to our IT department... Since they didn't deploy it (I did it myself), they won't support it even though we're up to 700 users :(

Best of luck to you,

Brad