Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

QR CODE

Options
Mike Hobbs
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello Samrtsheet Community!

Just getting started with smartsheet.

Is it possible to publish a sheet, embed it on a website...YES but then be able to create qr codes that would point to the particular matching row. For instance.

If we manufacture a "widget" and each widget was unique and had a special serial number.

Information for these widgets would be stored in each row. The information would be such as color, to legs or four, certain other information.

Now said widget gets shipped to africa, can the onwer of that widget scan the QR tag that links back to that row on the published spreadsheet? And the owner would be able to see only the information to the widget they own, only the information on that ROW in the sheet?

Please let me know if this is doable and how to proceed.

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Mike, there is not a way to link to a specific row on a published sheet. You can link to a row on a sheet in the app (and build a QR code based on that link) but this does not work for published sheets and these links only work for the full app. This means, scanning the QR code on your phone would bring you to the sheet and not the specific row. 

• LuCi
    Options

Hello Travis, I'm in the trial phase and the ability to insert QR codes into a smartsheet may prove critical in determining if we sign up for good.

I'm a teacher who has to manage a "MakerSpace" - a design studio with lots of electronic equipment. It would be ideal if I could place a QR code sticker on an object, take a snapshot of it with the camera on an ipad, and arrive at the inventory smartsheet that I've created where this object's original purchase price, date of purchase, next sheduled maintenance, etc is tracked.

Is this possible? Any walk-through you can help me with would be much appreciated!

You can link to a row on a sheet in the app (and build a QR code based on that link) but this does not work for published sheets and these links only work for the full app. - See more at: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/qr-code#sthash.bGUlvAeE.dpuf
    You can link to a row on a sheet in the app (and build a QR code based on that link) but this does not work for published sheets and these links only work for the full app. - See more at: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/qr-code#sthash.bGUlvAeE.dpuf
  • Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

LuCi, you can absolutely have a QR code that brings you to a sheet on your iPad, containing information about the item. 

Here are the steps:

1. Open the sheet on your computer and select the Sharing tab

2. Copy the Secure Sheet Link

3. Create a QR code from the Secure Sheet Link (there are many options for this. Google search "QR code generator")

4. Print and adhere the QR codes to your items

5. Scan items with a QR code scanner on your iPad

Scanning the QR code will bring you to the sheet containing the information. Depending on your settings and version of iOS, you might be brought to the Smartsheet website. There will be a button to open the Smartsheet app (just make sure you have it installed first!). 

Let me know if you run into any issues with this! 

• Jan Moesen
    Jan Moesen ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Travis

Would it be an idea to integrate a QR code generator on the 'Webform' popup?

As such the webform creator has the option the email the link to the form but also to copy/paste the QR code in a ppt slide for example - a feature we use now (via a non-smartsheet tool) to allow people in the audience to easily access a feedback form we created in smartsheet, by scanning a large qr code on the screen. Would love to have it all in one place, on smartsheet!

thanks for your reply

regards

Jan

• Lynda_R
    Options

Hi,

I'm interested in the same question Jan Moesen had above - QR codes for webform.

Has there been an answer to the question above?

Thanks,

lynda

• MenetAero
    Options

I have a similar use case. My company is a service company. We created a "company assets" sheet that has all of our equipment on it. When we issue a piece of equipment to an employee they get a property receipt so we can track who has it. It would be nice to be able to create a sheet and scan QR codes to create that employee property receipt.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

• hgm1976
    hgm1976 ✭✭✭
    Options

How I could get a link of a specific row? With this I could create my QRcode and link to the row.

This discussion has been closed.