Overwritten Sheet

moskal
moskal
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I accidentally overwrote an entire sheet that was linked to dashboard metrics thinking I had "saved as new". Is there a way to revert back to a previously saved version of the sheet, since Smartsheet is a cloud based tool? I have contacted support with no answer in several days. 

Thank you

Tags:

Comments

• Hi,

If you didn't plan a scheduled back-up, then I'm pretty sure you are screwed... There is no direct way to get a sheet back from a specific moment.

Please let me know if you have some news from the support!

Best regards,

Paul.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/28/18

Sadly, Smartsheet does not have real backup solutions for the customers.  You can back up to an Excel sheet on a schedule, but it's values only - most formulas and some formatting will be lost - and the sheet/cell history is completely toast.

Smartsheet can sometimes restore a snapshot of a sheet, if you contact them quickly enough.  Not sure what the 'statute of limitations' is on how far back you can go.  And, having never had to recover a sheet through them - not sure how much of the sheet data/meta-data will be restored.

Your best bet is to call them.  Emails travel at light speed, but are are almost always resolved slower than a good old fashioned phone call.