How to manage Order with multiple items

Jonathan Vo
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm creating a form to collect Order information from users and facing a difficulty with an order having multiple items. I want to create a form which allows users to input multiple items in one order request. Each item will have each price and quantity. How can I do that in smartsheet? Thanks.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jonathan,

How many different items is it per order?

Depending on the above you could have a column per item on the order form.

Would that work for you?

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Items are vary. I'm not quite understand your solution (a column per item). Can you please explain more details?

I also attached a screen shot of order with multiple items for your reference.

Thanks,

Untitled.png

• Smartsheet isn't designed for inventory management via order forms so you'll likely run into problems trying it via this method.  There's no real way to build in a conditional 'item #1, item #2' without having all of it part of your form.

The response above was referring to building out several columns in your sheet so your form would have capacity for Item #1, item #2, etc.  You'll have issues since every order will show each field by default so they'll see all the extra fields even if they're ordering one item.

I would suggest creating an order form for your customers to use and having them upload the file when they submit an order.  You would then confirm the order and enter the data into your sheet for accuracy.  It's probably the easiest way to use Smartsheet for this purpose without creating extra work for your customers entering in an order.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Chris but it can work if you don't have too many different order rows.

It depends on your needs and use case.

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.