Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Key Milestones / Deliverables - Output

Russ Bird
Russ Bird
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I am using smart sheets for project planning purposes.

Each plan will have hundreds of tasks. About ten of these tasks will be what I class as a 'key milestone / deliverable'.

I use another system (Salesforce) to show a graphical representation of the status of each of my projects (Tasks, issues, risks, budget, next steps, achievements and also a timeline). We class this as a dashboard, and these cycle through each of our open projects on lots of TV's across our offices.  The timeline we use is generated from another system and my goal is to replace this with the 'key milestones / deliverables' out of the smartsheet plan.

Does anyone know of a way how I can receive an output of these 'high level milestones / deliverables'? All I need is the task title, it's status and it's end date. I can then utilise this data and display it using our current timeline custom solution in Salesforce.

Any assistance / ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Russ

Comments

• Russ, try the reporting feature. Reports enable you to pull in rows from multiple sheets based on criteria you specify and you can choose to include only the columns you want to see. This means, you can run a report that looks across all your sheets (or only specified sheets) and will show you all the rows that have a key milestone or is a deliverable (these would need to be defined in your sheet so the report can find them) and you can choose to include only the task title, status, and the end date columns. 

Just like a sheet, you can export a report to Excel, PDF, or Google Sheets

They have a great help center article on creating reports: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/522214-creating-reports

This discussion has been closed.