Need help getting multiple sheets pulled into a single report in the correct order

Options
Royce
Royce ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have three "what if" schedules that I'm trying to pull into a single report.  They are simply named Scenario 1, Scenario 2, and Scenario 3.  No matter what order I select them, the resulting report has #3 in first position, #1 in second, and #2 in last.

I did a bulky workaround by adding a Helper Column in each sheet numbering the desired rows so that they would appear in order when I did a Sort; but there must be a better way.

By the way, I tried adding one sheet at a time, save, and run report; hoping that the next sheet added would appear below the previous sheet names, and so on, but that didn't work.

Your suggestion are greatly appreciated.  I can see this is going to be an ongoing function that I'll need to conquer.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Royce,

Can you share the sheets and report with me so that I can take a look? You can, of course, make a copy and remove sensitive data.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Dan Davis
    Options

Royce,

There needs to be data in your report that allows you to sort in a particular order, like a project number, a date, or something like that.  The report has probably defaulted to your primary column to sort.  If you have a column for the Scenario number you could sort on that.  I sometimes create a "slave" column (my term) where I enter numbers or letters or whatever to be able to sort (or filter) reports in a certain way.  For example if you don't have a Scenario column, add one to your sheet and enter scenario 1, 2, or 3 in the corresponding cells, then sort the report on that column.  I believe you can sort the report on this column without including the column in the report.  Who wants to see that anyways.  Hope this gets you in the right direction.

Dan Davis