Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Request Update -- Can you categorize assignees into TO & CC?

Options

Hi - I use the request update feature a lot - but, would love the ability to send the main "request" to the person doing to task and perhaps their manager or teammate as a CC?  When I send to multiple people - there is always confusion on who should answer the update.  Those CC'ed would see that their are only a copy & not to respond. 

Any solves or help would be appreciated. 

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/14/15
    Options

Carrie,

A quick suggestion would be to personalize the message with the person's name.

If you setting them up to send periodically, then this is a one time task for you.

Your suggested improvement is pretty nice too. It would allow the only pending request to show up with no expected actions from anyone else.

I'm curious how others use the Update Request feature. Best practices? Things to avoid?

Hope this helps.

Craig

• Carrie Hampton
    edited 12/14/15
    Options

Craig - yes, I could customize the update request.  

The primary need for these is not a scheduled update - so, the repeative nature of the customize request is kind of a pain, but a work around at this point.   

Just something on the "wishlist" at this point. 

Carrie 

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Carrie! Thanks for the suggestion! I will pass your feedback along to our product team and it will be considered for future development. 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/30/17
    Options

+1 here.  The ability to cc an UR is big for me.  I send UR to some workers when they don't put enough information in with their changes, but want their mgr to know that their workers are not being thorough so that they can work onsite to correct it.  But the mgr does not need to act on the request, just to see them as they come in.

This discussion has been closed.