Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

My tabs have disappeared

Please help restore. A year of team efforts and everyone's gone.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Contact support@smartsheet.com directly.

Craig

• Simon Swerdlow
    edited 02/06/16

Thank you Craig!

I did and wish they'd be more attentive. My info was deleted and i can't believe i was not notified of that. iId think that any self respecting company would help me recover the info from the backups, but here i just got a cookie-cutter response. Very disappointing, especially after being a paying customer. Still awaiting for a positive response before taking it all public. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Simon,

Please click on the "Home" tab in the upper left and post a screen shot

or send it here:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=cede1cfdee92474b9a065981a9fba84c

Craig

•  

Hope this picture helps. It only contains the files that i imported in the last couple of days. All others must be recovered and i really need your assistance there. 

image.jpeg

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Simon,

Are you the System Admin? 

Did someone move all of your owned sheets to someone else?

Do you perform automatic backups?

This seems very odd and new.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Smartsheet employee and can't see behind the scenes.

I hope they can help you. I bet they can.

Craig

• Thank you Craig!

i wish they'd be as responsive as you are. I think i am a sys admin. Nobody recommended to backup. I mean, of course, now it's all like duhhh. But to delete info without my knowledge?!??! i am not a tech person and didnt do it. 

• Simon Swerdlow
    edited 02/07/16

Thank you so much Craig. I appreciate your involvement. 

I believe, I am a sysadmin, but haven't performed a backup. In restrospect it's like duhhh, but i'd never think that company would delete my info without warning me explicitly. 

on the other note, i looked up your Linkedin profile and after i get squared away with this issue, will talk to you a bit about my project. I think you'll like it and we will cooperate further. 

Thank you again for your involvement and suggestions. 

• Posted twice similar comments. Sorry, i thought it didnt save the first one. :-)

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble!

I took a look at the ticket you have open with our Support team. It appears the sheets you are referring to are owned by another user whose account has expired, which is likely why you no longer have access to these sheets.

When a Smartsheet account is canceled or if a trial expires, any owned sheet will be read only for 90 days. During that 90 days, the sheets can be transferred to a paid user or the owner can upgrade to a paid plan - both of which will make the sheets editable. After 90 days, the sheets will be deleted - which I believe is what happened here. Because you were not the owner of the sheets, you would not have been notified this was happening. 

It is likely the Support team can recover these sheets. I will follow up with the Support rep who is investigating this to ensure everything gets resolved. 

This discussion has been closed.