Accessibility / Compatibility with Screen Reader

heidi_flores86196
heidi_flores86196 ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

As we deploy Smartsheet across our department, employees who use screen readers are experiencing compatibility issues. I read the article regarding iOS voiceover and the 2016 community discussion on this same topic. My support ticket suggested that I reach out to this community.  Any other ways to make Smartsheet more accessible at this time?  Thank you.

Comments

• Kara Lumley
    Kara Lumley Employee
    edited 04/26/19

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for the question. I was just forwarded your email from Michael B. and will be happy to speak to you and your employees on screen readers and accessibility. 

We'll be reaching out directly to you shortly.

If any other Community users have questions regarding accessibility or 508/WCAG compliance, please send an email to accessibility@smartsheet.com and we will be happy to assist. 

Thank you,

Kara

• I have visual disabilities and experience significant issues with the accessibility of Smartsheet. I use a very large zoom ratio (180 - 200%) most of the time, but Smartsheet does not re-size correctly and I lose the ability to see and interact with parts of the page. I have to reduce my zoom level - making it much more difficult to use - in order to have access to all controls and information. I can easily re-produce this and highly encourage you to reach out to myself or others with visual disabilities and work them to user test. I would also encourage you to hire people with disabilities so that you gain that expertise in-house. More and more of us are getting good jobs every day and need equal access to the same tools as our co-workers. Thank you.