Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Subcontractor needs Help

Sarah Link
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

We are new to smartsheet and looking for advice on the best templates to use to track schedules, and being able to track delays, etc.  Would anyone be willing to share ideas or sheets that you have found useful to your business?

Thank you!

Sarah Link

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/15/16

Sarah, welcome to Smartsheet, you wont look back, i promise you. :) 

Start a new sheet (+ Button) Type project in the templates box and review the list of Project templates offered. Pick the one that most nearly matches your need then modify it, with the data you wish to track. Or use the Template for ideas and build your own? 

You probably need a column for planned start date, then Actual Start date and then one that sums the two so you see you have gained or lost some days against your Plan. 

Hope that helps?

Richardr

Smarterbiz

• Suncountryhomes10
    edited 11/22/19

I’m trying to accomplish the exact same thing.  Was hoping to find a pre made template for new residential construction, superintendent / Project manager, for scheduling.  But was hoping to avoid spending countless hours making one myself during the free 14 day trial. Is there not a way of finding/using someone else’s own template that can be shared? So I can get a feel for it and figure if it’s even going to be worth making my own template before paying monthly fee. Trying to avoid having to waste valuable time making a template myself and possibly not even using it... please let me know. Your time would be greatly appreciated.

*Anyone in the future reads this and can help please email me at my username at Gmail. Would be very grateful 

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Why not start by reviewing the templates available by industry here. 

https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/downloadable-solutions

Bear in mind that every user will need to collect and share differing information but there are also many common denominators, which are a good place to start. 

Keep it simple to start with and then look at adding the detail once you have your basic workflow designed and working. 

Good luck you have found the right tool for the job. 

Richard R

PS as consulting Partners we have helped hundreds of users like yourself but equally 1000's more never needed our help and found there own way!  

This discussion has been closed.