Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can a Licensed User in the Team Plan view the Admins workspaces and Sheets?

Options
Sean B
Sean B
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi, 

I've purchased the team plan and apart from me, I've added another project manager from my team as a licensed user so she can create sheets. This puts me at 2 of the 3 licensed users. My question is that can I prevent her from view a specific workspace in the account because even though she is a licensed user on my plan, there are sheets/workspaces that I do not want her to have access to. Would she see ALL the workspaces and sheets in the account OR will she only see the workspaces/sheets shared with her and the ones that she creates herself?

Thank you,

- Sean

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Users can not see anything that is not shared to them, even System Admins.

System Admins can see that the sheets exist (via sheet access reports) but not see the content. If she creates a sheet, you won't see the data either. There is no "Master User".

In my opinion, there shouldn't be.

There are ways to take ownership of sheets you did not know existed, but it requires removing users and other fun stuff.

As a Pro Tip: This see-all-that-is-shared also applies to any API related programs or third party enabled programs. 

Craig

This discussion has been closed.