Saving Sheet changes

edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi everyone, someone on my team brought this to my attention and i want to see if anyone else has experienced this.  I have a sheet where the 90% of the data is entered via a form.  the remaining 10% of data is filled in afterwards once some additional information is received.  my team member says that he is 1000% certain he went into the sheet  to add the remaining data, then hit save.  when he went back into the sheet, he said the changes were not captured.  I checked the activity log, and it shows he was in the sheet, but no changes were actually made.  Has anyone else experienced something similar?  


  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Hi Dwayne,

    It sounds to me like it might just have been a temporary glitch.

    If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team to see what they find. Smartsheet Support Team 

    Hope that helps!

    Have a fantastic week!


    Andrée Starå

    Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting


    Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

    W: | | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

    Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

  • Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    If there are multiple people working in the same sheet at the same time and coincidentally using the same row or cell(s), this will happen.


    John is entering data in what appears to be an empty row 10. Unbeknownst to him, Jane is also entering data into the same sheet. Since nothing was saved, she sees row 10 is empty and starts typing away. 


    John wraps up and saves his data. Jane doesn't notice the refresh icon next to the sheet name and goes ahead and saves her updates.


    John's data has now been overwritten by Jane's, and no one realizes it until John gets back in to update again and can't find his data.