Added information needed on Approval workflow

Kitty
Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have many forms - which are requests that need approval.  When I create the approval workflow, it sends 2 buttons - Approve or Decline.  I need more.  I need a NOTES section for when it is denied so that the reason can be recorded on my sheet. I also need the name and date of the approval added to my sheet.

The only thing I can think of is If the reply is Denied - it will trigger a Request update - asking for the information I need.  Is there something I can do to eliminate this second step and include the needed info on the first step?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kitty,

You can add a comment before answering.

Would that work?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Kitty
    Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How can I add the field for the decision-maker to add his comment (especially if the request is denied)?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Before the decision-maker makes his choice he adds a comment to the Comments section just above the buttons.

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you get it working?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée

• Kitty
    Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just seeing your reply.  Yes - I did find that there was a comment section for notes!  Thank you, again!

• Kitty
    Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes!  I'm still trying to find the discussions I've started so I can find answers to my questions.  Thanks for being so kind.  I think I've figured it out now!  :)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

I'm always happy to help!