Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

IT Employee Change Documentation

Options
Aaron Cobb
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Good morning everyone,

I'm exploring new options to replace out existing, out-dated InfoPath form for employee IT changes in our organization.  Right now we get an XML file sent to our helpdesk, financial staff, and office services, so we'd like to be to emulate that functionality, just with a better output file that our current system isn't handling well.

Does SmartSheet have options for email routing upon submission, and can we control the output format?  Has anyone else had any similar applications?  We don't need the information stored in a spreadsheet, just exported to an email and sent to multiple email accounts for processing.

Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• Hi Aaron..there are a few ways to achieve this functionality through alerts/notification, worksheet or sheet sharing and publishing, and scheduled reporting.  It might be easier for us to have an hour call and I could walk you through the options.  Tonydavidson78@outlook.com you can reach out to.. Tony

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Aaron-- As part of your plan type, you also have access to one of our internal Customer Success team members for workflow questions. I've asked someone from this team to reach out re: this post, they might have some thoughts as well! :)

This discussion has been closed.