Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

calendar view

Options

My project management has a sheet for scheduled work. We have a color associated with each job according to who the technician is do it. Is there a way to add patterns to the lines as well to determine who is managing the job too?

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Buffie—there isn't a way to add patterns to the task bars in Calendar View, and at this time the calendar task bars will only display the Primary column data.

I'll pass your feedback to our Product team for a way to add other information to the Calendar view (such as the Assigned to column) and add patterns to the task bar to make them more distinguishable.

You might consider adding the assignee to the primary column as a potential workaround to see them in the calendar task bars. E.g. "Task A - Bob"

• Daryl McCann
    edited 11/02/16
    Options

I vote for that as well. I would like to set what shows on the calendar task bar for each project in a report so that I see the project name and who it is assigned too.

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Daryl, thanks for weighing in—I've got your vote down for this as well.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Buffie -

You should also look into Conditional Formatting for coloring either the grid view and/or the Gantt/Calendar views.

The Gantt chart's text is also configurable - see the Project Settings | Timeline Display dialog.

Hope this helps.

Craig

• Daryl McCann
    Options

The calendar view looks most like what we use now for scheduling crews so I was hoping to stick with that format as the change to a Gantt Cart view may cause some heads to pop off, esp. to those that are technically challenged. My only need is to have it show the project name and the crew it is assigned too. Automatic color changes are good too. I will look into that.

This discussion has been closed.