Dynamic View will not allow me to edit a Due date or Finish Date?

Marc BeaulieuMarc Beaulieu ✭✭✭✭✭
10/23/19 Edited 12/09/19

I have checked all of my settings in the main sheet and dependencies are not turned on nor predecessors, the box remains grey? I also have ensured that in the details panel, it is not read only.

Annotation 2019-10-23 142807.PNG.jpg

Popular Tags:

Comments

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

By any chance is the finish date calculated by durations based on a start date or by a formula? I don't have the dynamic view, but in reports when a field is calculated with formulas it is uneditable. 

• Mike is correct. Also, make sure the date column is not locked in the main sheet. 

• Frank FalcoFrank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/29/19

If the finish date is assigned in the dependencies settings in the Gantt View then you will not be able to change it. I think that is the case even if the dependencies check box is not checked.

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Marc,

Is it the same for all rows? Are you using any Field Logic rules?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.