Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How do i add more than one duration to a gantt chart?

Options
DDiasH3
DDiasH3
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a project that has hundreds of tasks. Each task has a fabrication duration and a delivery/logistics duration. How can i add an extra column and add the extra duration per task to show in the gantt chart in maybe a different shade or different color?

The other solution, would be to add a line below each task just for the logistics/delivery duration, then i would need to put the same exact information on that line and make each of the fabrication tasks/duration as a predecessor of the same task/delivery duration. That will not only double the size of my spreadsheet, but also double the amount of work for every project.

Anyone knows how to do this?

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can only display one date at a time in the Gantt chart so it is not possible to show both dates on the same line, at the same time.

However you can switch between them, with a simple if statement, and show which ever range is appropriate.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=e5216985eb1f4abdbb8f9c126df4d846

You can also add conditional formatting to change the color depending on the stage that the process is in.

Capture.JPG

• Ulensr
    Options

Hi Brett, really like your solution but I cannot get it to work here with me

Changing dates with check boxes sure

Conditional formatting sure

But when I set GANTT start in project settings, the color changes but the GANTT display doesn't

Can you share how to do it exactly ?

appreciated

This discussion has been closed.