Cross Reference Formula: No "AVEARAGEIFS" so trying to use "AVG(COLLECT(" to use multiple criteria b

Billy-Rock
Billy-Rock ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to average how many days a claim has been open for a certain technician. We signify the claim being open by having a certain column being blank... here is the current formula that I have:

=AVG(COLLECT({West (Tech Sheet) Range 1}, "", {West (Tech Sheet) Range 2}, "Artur Alimov - ARAL", {West (Tech Sheet) Range 4}))

I have been successful in using a formula to average the days assigned for claims that were assigned to a specific person:

=AVERAGEIF({West (Tech Sheet) Range 2}, "Artur Alimov - ARAL", {West (Tech Sheet) Range 4})

Any help would be much appreciated if you know of a way to use multiple criteria to average

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You need to double check your syntax.

You should have range/range/criteria at the beginning, but you have range/criteria instead.

This is what you want the layout to look like:

=AVG(COLLECT(range to average, criteria range 1, criteria 1, criteria range 2, criteria 2, ...........)

• Billy-Rock
    Billy-Rock ✭✭
    edited 11/22/19

Thank you so much, Paul! This worked... Unfortunately I have been asked to add one more criteria to the formula. I need to average if a column is blank, a specfic person's name, and when a box is not checked. I want it to average if the box is NOT CHECKED. Here is the formula I have without the checkbox aspect and it is working: 

=AVG(COLLECT({Great Lakes (Tech Sheet) Range 5}, {Great Lakes (Tech Sheet) Range 3}, "", {Great Lakes (Tech Sheet) Range 1}, Tech@row)

What would I need to add to this formula to only average claims that have an unchecked box?