Group update request by recipient (even if there are multiple owners)

I have an automated workflow that runs on an action item log daily. There are multiple owners across tasks, do we have an option of sending it out as one? That way the owners won't have to go into individual forms?

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hell

My understanding of this is that on a daily automation if there are multiple records that meet true to the conditions in the trigger and conditions boxes; all records will send out in 1 notification, per relevant recipient. (I.e. the roll up into 1 message)

However, if you have used placeholders in the message body part of the automation i.e. you are merging record data into the subject or message body using the {{Column Name}} syntax then each record will split into a notification of its own and multiple emails/notifications will arrive in the recipients inbox.

(or that is what appears to happen to mine anyway!)

To keep them grouped I'd recommend using generic subject and message body text in the workflow.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Debbie

• k.lakshminarasimham38821
    edited 03/27/20

Debbie - thank you so much for the quick response. I did have "Owner" field in the message, will mark this as "Yes" once I see the automation working.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Fingers crossed!

(Apologies for the greeting typo in my initial response, I hope you read it as Hello!)

Kind regards

Debbie