Dynamic view: Dropdown values in the Field Logic panel are not available to choose

Dynamic view is created based on the report object. Dropdown column added to the report.

Issue: a list of possible values is not available in the 'Field logic' panel (screenshot 1). However, for a few of dropdown fields it works (screenshot 2). What could be a reason?

Best Answer

• Isaac Jose
    Isaac Jose Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello everyone,

I just replied to Dmitry's support ticket but wanted to ensure that the answer is available for others in our Community as well. I did some digging and found that this will occur if the report is pulling from multiple sheets, and the sheet at the top of the report does not have the correct dropdown values defined in the column properties. To resolve this issue, users can open the report and select the sheet link on the first row then correct the column properties in that sheet for any column that does not display the expected values in the Field Logic settings of the Dynamic View.

It is best practice to ensure that dropdown list column values are consistent across all sheets that are populating a given report, however I have submitted a product enhancement request on my end to see if our product team can support fetching values from all sheets in scope of the report and dynamic view. You can also submit your own request here: Submit Product Enhancement Request

I hope this helps!

Isaac J

Smartsheet Support

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Dmitry,

Strange!

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

Let me know what you find out!

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Isaac Jose
    Isaac Jose Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello everyone,

I just replied to Dmitry's support ticket but wanted to ensure that the answer is available for others in our Community as well. I did some digging and found that this will occur if the report is pulling from multiple sheets, and the sheet at the top of the report does not have the correct dropdown values defined in the column properties. To resolve this issue, users can open the report and select the sheet link on the first row then correct the column properties in that sheet for any column that does not display the expected values in the Field Logic settings of the Dynamic View.

It is best practice to ensure that dropdown list column values are consistent across all sheets that are populating a given report, however I have submitted a product enhancement request on my end to see if our product team can support fetching values from all sheets in scope of the report and dynamic view. You can also submit your own request here: Submit Product Enhancement Request

I hope this helps!

Isaac J

Smartsheet Support

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Isaac Jose

Good to know!

Thanks for sharing!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.