Pie chart - Dashboard

cant we change the size of slice label(percentage or value) in the pie chart

Answers

• Hi @GeethikaVarsha Kantamneni

Yes, you can adjust whether you see a percentage or a value in your pie chart.

To do so, click to Edit the pie chart, then look for the drop-down called Pie Chart on the right (under Titles & Legend). Then select whether you want a percentage shown or a value from the square box:

You can read more about Pie and Donut charts in our Help Center - see here.

If I misunderstood your question, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your chart with a detailed explanation of what you'd like to see differently, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Mehran Bagherian
    Mehran Bagherian ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

Hi Genevieve,

I would like to ask another question about pie chart.

The pie chart is basically sorting the items alphabetical then show the %. For instance:

system automatically created this pie, as it sorts p1, p2, etc.

But I want to have this chart:

Sorted based on %, clockwise.

• Hi @Mehran Bagherian

How is your source data configured?

The Pie chart will order your data in the way that it's structured on your sheet/report. If you Sort the order of the data in the source, this should update where it appears in the chart. Can you paste a screen capture of these percents or data points in the grid that the chart is made from, (but please block out sensitive data)?

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Mehran Bagherian
    Mehran Bagherian ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

here is the source sheet:

and this is my dashboard:

Note: the source sheet is going to be linked to other sheets to get the data. So, the data is not fixed and changes continuously. It means we are not going to sort the data manually. It is expected to be sorted automatically anytime the data changes.

In one trial (not shown in the sheets I shared with you) I created formulas to sort the data using "RANKEQ" function. What I did: I added columns to reorder numbers based on the rank attained. However there is problem that I could not solve. If two similar numbers exist, RANKEQ function will give them similar rank, then skip the rank number and resume ranking from the next number. e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7, 8.

I used VLOOKUP to find the number with its rank is 1, then the number with the rank of 2, etc. Here, in above example, VLOOKUP will not be able to find the rank 6 which is actually the number with rank 5.

• Hi @Mehran Bagherian

Thank you for this information! Based on how you have your sheet configured, I would suggest creating a Report looking at that metric sheet in order to automatically Sort the numbers in the correct order.

So, if your sheet looks like the one above, then this would be the Report with the Sort:

Here are the two Pie Chart examples - one with the Sheet as the source and for the Pie Chart and one that has the Report as the source:

Will this work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Mehran Bagherian
    Mehran Bagherian ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

Awesome. Very nice and easy solution. Really appreciated.

I didn't know I can use a report to created a chart.

• Mehran Bagherian
    Mehran Bagherian ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

I have a source sheet includes many data, which I grab few collection of numbers to make a pie chart.

Here, I will need to created a lot of reports, one for each pie chart.

• Hi @Mehran Bagherian

Yes, exactly. If you have many different types of collections of data, then you may need to create multiple Reports. The Chart will select the entirety of the Report as the source, so you will want to filter to only have the relevant rows.

That said, if your data is spread throughout columns, with the same Primary, then you could use one Report for multiple charts and simply exclude entire columns within the Chart Widget's selection range on the right.

Cheers,

Genevieve