Adding comments to approval process

Max_D.Max_D.
edited 09/28/20 in Using Smartsheet
09/28/20 Edited 09/28/20
Accepted

Dear smartsheet-community,

I am using the approval process for new incoming projects. Basically if a new project/line is added, an approval request is sent to 15 team leads and their choice (confirmed, declined, pending) is stored in 15 columns representing the 15 teams.

Question: Is there any way to include a comment-section to the approval request form? I want that people can confirm or decline a new project (done with the approval form) and also add a comment/note directly in the form (like further information etc.) which is displayed then in smartsheet.

Thanks and best regards

Max

Popular Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Max_D.

Yes, at the bottom of the Approval, there is a Comment Section.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi @Andrée Starå ,

thanks for your answer. Somehow I cannot see this comment-section. I have attached you our approval form (with withened inputs fields) how the team leads will see them.

You can see some data which come from directly from smartsheet and below there are the buttons "decline" ("Ablehnen" in german - left side) and "approve" ("Genehmigen" in german - right side).

Or have I missed something?

Best regards

Max

• Hey @Andrée Starå ,

sorry for my late response. This was the perfect hint so find the solution => "When working with Update and Approval Requests, you’ll instead want to select Menu (upper-right corner of the action block) > Advanced options to control the Field visibility."

Thanks for your help! :)

Best regards

Max

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Max_D.

No worries!

You're more than welcome!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.