Workflow and cell linking.

Options

I have two sheets that have linked cells. I want to use the workflow to make the tasks from the second sheet disappear if the Status column says complete. Is this possible? I know how to set up a workflow to move cells to a new sheets but it does not seem to be working. Is this because I have the cells linked to another sheet? Please let me know

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Sara Moore 

Hope you are fine,To prevent infinite approval loops, cells which contain cross-sheet formulas or cell links will not trigger an automation which automatically changes the sheet (Move Row, Copy Row, Lock Row, Unlock Row, Approval Request). To work around this, consider using time-based automation or recurrence workflows.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Sara Moore
    Options

Follow up question. If you copy a row to another sheet will it still update along with the parent row on the source sheet? That is why i currently have them linked I need one sheet to update other sheets but only want to physically update the one.