Struggling with creating charts on a Smartsheet dashboard

Eva Murphy
Eva Murphy ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi -

I am really struggling with the steps I need to take to convert a smartsheet with incoming form data into charts that reflect that data. I've gotten as far as creating sheet summary fields using COUNTIF formulas, then creating a report from those, then creating a simple bar chart from the report, but I can't figure out how to translate this data into a stacked bar or line chart.

In Excel, I might create a chart to summarize the # of requests by request type, then stack the bar by the sales market from which the request was submitted. In Smartsheet, I can't figure out how to accomplish that summary. I can create a report that summarizes, but then the dashboard won't let me use a summarized report to build a chart.

Can anyone offer any recommendations?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would suggest stetting up a metrics sheet similar to how you described it in excel. You would use manually entered labels and then use formulas with cross sheet references to pull your actual metrics.

If you are able to describe in more detail exactly what kind of metrics you are wanting to display and exactly how you are wanting to display them, I would be happy to help with a more personalized solution instead of just the generalized above.

Answers