Export Smartsheet attachments to OneDrive

04/16/21
Answered - Pending Review

Hi!

I'm using Smartsheet to gather information through forms. People fill in a form, they add a picture in the submission, and all this gets saved in a sheet. Eventually, I receive rows filled with information in Smartsheet and for each row there is a picture attached.

I need these pictures not only within Smartsheet, but also in a shared OneDrive folder. My question is: how can I automatically export these pictures from the sheet in Smartsheet to a folder in OneDrive? Also: is it also possible to automatically rename the picture files to a name linked to the row information?

I tried working on it with Microsoft Power Automate, but I was struggling as I'm not an expert in this program.

Let me know if you have a solution!

Best regards,

Bram

Answers

• edited 04/16/21

Microsoft power automate can do the trick but it is much more complex than integromat or zapier. Integromat is my favoriate because it has the largest selection of API endpoints for Smartsheet. However, I will note, that smartsheets webhooks are "buggy" and often lag, so it is important to build an error handler into integromat for any failures (exceptions).

Happy to provide instructional document if you reach out to me.

• Follow up- I am creating a word document with snapshots to help I will paste the file here when done.

• @Nathan Betters if you could indeed let me know how this exactly works, would be great. Because if I try to do it through Zapier, it only uploads MS-DOS files to OneDrive and not the actual pictures. Thank you!

• Kat WoodhamKat Woodham ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathan Betters - this is something I'm also interested in. Would you be willing to share your word document with me as well?