Store RAG history

Each week the PM sets the RAG status of a project for the weekly report.

Is there a way to automatically capture that RAG status and keep a history so you can see a trend?

Best Answer

• Aravind GP
    Aravind GP ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Nigel,

If your plan captures RAG as one row corresponding to the Project Name, which probably will be the highest level in the hierarchy. You can add one more checkbox (possibly as "Project") and have it checked for this row. You can then create a Copy Row workflow to copy with your trigger being date driven and you can specify it to run weekly on a certain day and copy over that row of data to a new History sheet that you can create per project.

For your reporting, you can create reports pointing to the history sheet you create.

Thanks,

Aravind

Associate Director

Copernicus Consulting Pte. Ltd.

P: +65 9230 5657 | E: aravind@copernicusworld.com

Feel free to reach out for licenses, services, and training on Smartsheet

Answers

• Aravind GP
    Aravind GP ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Nigel,

If your plan captures RAG as one row corresponding to the Project Name, which probably will be the highest level in the hierarchy. You can add one more checkbox (possibly as "Project") and have it checked for this row. You can then create a Copy Row workflow to copy with your trigger being date driven and you can specify it to run weekly on a certain day and copy over that row of data to a new History sheet that you can create per project.

For your reporting, you can create reports pointing to the history sheet you create.

Thanks,

Aravind

Associate Director

Copernicus Consulting Pte. Ltd.

P: +65 9230 5657 | E: aravind@copernicusworld.com

Feel free to reach out for licenses, services, and training on Smartsheet

• Thanks for that reply Aravind. I will give that a go.

I forgot to mention that the RAG is stored on the Sheet Summary along with all the report details. But I can pull that to a cell on a row using a formula.