Reports & Proofing to Person outside Organisation

Hello, we are outsourcing some drawing to a freelance CAD Technician outside our organisation. I have setup a Report that has a number of source sheets and have added a checkbox column in the source sheets if the drawing is to be outsourced. When checked that item shows up in the Report (for all internal organisation users). The problem is the report is showing blank for the freelance technician. Is this because the source sheets aren't shared with them? I don't want sharing source sheets directly as they contain some confidential info. Is there a way to fix this or if not is there a some workaround?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Emmet McKenna

I hope you're well and safe!

There are some options.

What Smartsheet Plan do you have?

• If you have Enterprise or higher, WorkApps could be an excellent solution.
    • Dynamic View
    • I recently developed a (what I call) Dynamic View Light. It's quite advanced, but in short, it's using cross-sheet formulas and INDEX/MATCH and a specific structure and method, so it's only possible to show data that should be available.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Emmet McKenna
    Emmet McKenna ✭✭✭✭

Hi Andree,

Hope you are keeping well!

We only have Business licenses at present (I assumed Enterprise was the highest plan available). You're Dynamic View Light sounds interesting, are you able to show attachments and proofs using this method?

Thanks, Emmet

• Emmet McKenna
    Emmet McKenna ✭✭✭✭

Hi Andree, just checking if you have any further info on the above solution to our proofing issue? Thanks.