Can a picklist value be suppressed on a form?

Is there a way to suppress a picklist value on a form? 🧐

We want to internally be able to select a value in a field (drop-down single select) on a record, but we do not want the users that completes the form to see or be able to select that picklist value.

thanks much -

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @aprildbarrow@gmail.com

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, you can set a default value and hide the field on the form or use the URL Query feature to set the value automatically in the URL (you can still hide it in the form).

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for your time Andre - I understand your solution, but for our use case I'm not sure that will work.

We want to have the field on the form and let the users select any drop-down value but one. We want to add records ourselves using that one particular drop down value. It's a mgmt assigned value and should not be available to the form users.

We use that field as a basis to categorize our work on dashboards.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again -

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@aprildbarrow@gmail.com

Happy to help!

Unfortunately, that's not possible without using an add-on or 3rd party service.

One way could be to use the Premium add-on, Data Shuttle.

Is that an option?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.