Automated Workflows with multiple actions are not working

Options
RevTechWC
RevTechWC ✭✭✭
edited 10/18/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I have an automated workflow set to trigger anytime the value of a cell in a specific column changed.

The workflow has 2 actions: Notify a Specific Person (me) and Change the Value of a Cell (In this case, it is a the cell is a checkbox and I want to set the value to checked.

The workflow is sending me notifications when triggered, but it is not moving on to the second action to change the value of the cell.

Any ideas why only one of two actions are being executed when triggered?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @RevTechWC

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• RevTechWC
    RevTechWC ✭✭✭
    Options

Screenshot of the automated workflow is below (I've changed slightly from what I described above - trying to record a date instead of trying to change the value of a field - regardless, I cannot get the second action to execute). The first action, "Alert Someone" is working with no problems, but I cannot get the second action to execute when triggered.

• RevTechWC
    RevTechWC ✭✭✭
    Options

As an FYI, I have a similar workflow on the same sheet which works reliably. These are currently the only 2 automated workflows that are setup on this document, though I expect to add others as we move forward.

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also had this happen last week, I received the notification but the status didn't change. I passed it off as a one off glitch at the time, but I will keep an eye out for it happening again.

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just forced this workflow to run, I received three emails for three rows, but none of the additional actions happened, the status didn't change