Automated workflow triggering incorrectly

Options

We have an Alert workflow that should not be sent for certain service lines. We currently us the "Any Value" trigger because we only want these sent when an Account ID is entered to the sheet. However, the conditions set to exclude that notice are still receiving the alert. Is this due to the "Any Value" trigger or is there a condition that is a stronger choice, (i.e. 'has none of' vs 'is not equal to'} that we should be using?

Tags:

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Tina! Just a heads up I'm not a Smartsheet employee but I'll try and help however I can.

This one has me scratching my head. It looks like you set this up correctly.

Could you try setting up two conditions, each one being 'Where "Service Line" is not equal to', then see if the automation is triggered?

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• Tina Rustvold
    Tina Rustvold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Brett--I will give it the college try! Certainly can't hurt!