Can a Form be saved as an attachment

Hi,

I am wondering if a form can be saved as an attachment on the left side of a sheet? I currently am working on creating a form for a sheet, however, I do not need all of the information being collected on the form to be added onto the sheet. I am thinking to have some information transfer to the sheet, and then any additional information to just be saved as an attachment on the sheet. Is this possible?

Thanks! :)

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Jordan Ionita

There currently isn't a way to have the fields in a form be collected only in an attachment. Each field in a form needs to be associated with a column/cell in the underlying sheet.

That said, you could add an Attachment Field to your form, then your users can attach a document to the row with additional details if that would make sense for your process.

Or you could have the row fully submit to the sheet and use Document Builder to auto-populate a PDF afterwards.

I would suggest that if you don't need all the information right away, you could use a Report to filter your columns and only show the relevant details. You can update cells from a Report and it will update the underlying sheet. Then you can access the full sheet if you need to see the other details submitted.

Cheers!

Genevieve