Email response for forms

Options

I have a few questions regarding forms. The form I'm setting up has a field for Email Address and if the user wants a copy of their responses, they're required to enter it again at the bottom. I tried a workaround where I toggled off the check box at the bottom where they can indicate they want a copy, and instead created a workflow that sends an email with the form contents. However, I have two issues with the email they're sent:

1. At the bottom of the email there is a link to the sheet itself and if they create an account and/orlog into smartsheet they then have access to it. I don't want them to have access to this sheet at all. Is there a way to ensure they can't access the sheet from this auto-email?
  2. There are columns they don't need to see, but they are showing up in the auto email. Is there a way to customize what columns are shown in the auto emails?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Answers

• Summer
    Summer ✭✭✭
    Options

May I ask, why put a workflow in place to send the user their form responses instead of just using the built in functionality? From your question, it appears this built-in functionality meets your 1 and 2 criteria.

With an Alert Someone workflow you have three options for the "Message Includes" portion. "Message Only" is the only option that does not include a link to the source sheet nor columns.

You also have the option to "Links to sheet and specific fields" that will allow you to designate what fields the recipient sees. They would see all the data in the selected columns and this option does include a link to the source sheet so it would not meet your first request.

• Perry
    Options

Thank you for pointing me to those options in Alert Someone. I don't want to use that built in workflow because it ends up asking for their email address twice - once when I ask on the form itself for my purposes, and again if they check that checkbox. If there's an option I'm missing to avoid that I'd love to know about it - haven't been able to find anything myself.