Copy to another sheet not working

Kimbh
Kimbh ✭✭✭✭

Hi, my goal was to copy from excel to a sheet, but that is not working for me, so I decided to try the copy to another sheet automation. I would like to import new data from excel into a sheet and have it copy to another sheet. I have also tested manually adding data, but it's not work. Can anyone tell me why it's not working? Thank you

This is my automation

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

The copy to another sheet automation is specific to another sheet within Smartsheet itself. To do what you have described would require Data Shuttle premium app (or manually doing an export or import), but this cannot run on a schedule. Depending what which plan you have, you may already have this option. Data Shuttle allows you to not only import data from an outside sheet (Excel or Google sheets) but you can export data from Smartsheet back out to an Excel or Google sheet and it can be set to run on a schedule. It can also be used to populate dropdown columns in Smartsheet. Here is a link that may help describe what Data Shuttle can do ... https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/premium-apps/data-shuttle, this link may help too https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/integrations-and-add-ons/data-shuttle

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Kimbh
    Kimbh ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the answer. I finally got copy and paste to a sheet working, so I can add my rows that way.

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni

So glad you found a workaround that is helping you with your solution. I find myself developing workarounds all the time, especially when we don't have the funding to pay for all the extras outside of the Core Product. I hope you are having a great day.

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Kimbh
    Kimbh ✭✭✭✭

I found out how to paste from excel. I have to select all the need cells in columns and rows to get it to work. I had to start the selection of cells at the far right and last cell needing selected, then move left and up with my selections, so it stays selected when I paste.