Automation failure

Gaurav Chauhan
Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Team,

Can you please take a look at the below automation workflow and suggest a fix. I want to have designated users tied to their Program entered into the Logged by column automatically as soon as they submit details for their project via form. Don't want to have them type their name or email id on form as an additional field. Once this works for one program, I will hit the (+) and add all other similar type conditions.

FYI - The one below works fine and captures today date as soon as the form is submitted

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gaurav Chauhan

So the user submits the form, the Program Name they select on the form matches the one in your condition box, but it doesn't assign your name in the Logged By field?

Or it does, but you want this field to dynamically capture the name or email of the person submitting the form?

Who is entering this data? Users with Smartsheet accounts?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Gaurav Chauhan
    Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi - To your questions "Who is entering this data? Users with Smartsheet accounts?" May or may now in some cases.

You read the scenario correct. We will build that login into Automation WD that if the User1 picks Project A on form, their name will appear in logged by column because it understood that that User1 is associated with Project A

OR

Even simpler approach, Can Forms capture the User email ID whosoever submits the details ?

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I recently had a similar dilemma. Your options:

1) Require the submitter to login to Smartsheet. In this scenario, the user's email address would go into the Entered By system column.

2) Automate the assignment, but you'd have to build condition paths for each scenario.

3) Use a lookup sheet to match the user to the project type, and use an INDEX/MATCH formula.

4) Have the submitter enter their email address on the form. You can use validation to ensure the entry is in proper email address format.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!