Get Started

Custom Colors for Sheets

Options
2»

Comments

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Custom colors is also very important for a branding. Did you know, we had an oil company actually refuse to use Smartsheet and went to another service, because the shade of red wasn't right?

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Chuck Mihaliak
    Options

I'd suggest extending this idea to being able to change the color of the text on the name of a sheet or workspace.

• Josh Reed
    Josh Reed ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

please this, I'm very tired of using all the shades of blue on every sheet since the others are so hard on the eyes, or bland.

• ZackStahl
    Options

Currently, there's a limited color palette available to format sheets. Color customization would allow our branding to appear across all documents, and not make the Smartsheet-generated documents stick out like a sore thumb.

• dyan_brown
    Options

I have company approved colors that we use on all other types of communication to clients, it would be helpful to be able to match those colors to the files I'm creating in Smartsheet.

• Andreas Thun
    Options

+1 - Crucial for my art of using tables

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Customized colours for use in Conditional Formatting will align with specific company brand standards. Will Smartsheet allow this?

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any chance to get an update on this idea? No update from Smartsheet since 2023.

• pyohay
    pyohay ✭✭
    Options

Our company has used Smartsheet for almost a decade. As our workflows become more dynamic and require more team members the color pallets is extremely limiting.

Excel offers the ability to use an array of colors. I’ve seen comments as far back as 3 years from users requesting this, it shouldn’t be that difficult for a company as large as Smartsheet to add this feature which is seemingly standard across many different softwares for businesses.

• meb_0101
    meb_0101 ✭✭✭
    Options

Agree!! I've used Smartsheet for only 2 years and it has a lot of great features. However, I'm disappointed that seemingly simple options like this are still unavailable. Almost makes me want to work for Smartsheet to help get this stuff done...lol.

My corporate company recently changed brand colors and, of course, the new colors are not available on a sheet. It's annoying and would rather use Smartsheet instead of Excel for everything, but still have to use Excel because of little things like this.

• Mattisphere
    Mattisphere ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/23/24
    Options

@meb_0101 - Unchanged since 2006. A lot of people would have put a basic color picker as part of an MVP release, but perhaps Smartsheet still holds on to their outdated color palette for a reason: "See...you don't need to deliver what everyone else considers basic to be successful. We're going to keep getting bigger and bigger and not allow you to choose colors to prove a point." Probably not, but maybe?

For clarity, I like Smartsheet - but some of the choices drive me crazy.

• meb_0101
    meb_0101 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Mattisphere thank you for the morning chuckle 😭

• malbers
    malbers Overachievers
    Options

@Mattisphere and @meb_0101 I enjoyed that one too haha