Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

From email name for Smartsheet automations: select a generic value versus owner

Options

Comments

• S. Sherwin
    Options

Any updates on this coming soon in an enhancement?

• Natasha Stephenson
    Options

This is one of those things I couldn't believe wasn't possible when I Googled for a solution. This is desperately needed, sooner rather than later. Assuming that the person who builds and maintains the Smartsheet is also someone appropriate to appear as a business contact is definitely short-sighted. We need responses to our sheet to go to a shared inbox, where whomever is available can get started ASAP. People start sending emails to the sheet owner that aren't even replies to Smartsheet emails - they think you must be the relevant contact person because "you" email them frequently. This can cause lots of confusion and some bad customer service impressions when emails are sitting in someone's overwhelmed private inbox. I really hope this change is implemented soon.

• Paula Cosentino
    Paula Cosentino ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Joe Goetschel Thank you. I'm doing this tomorrow! :-)

• John Pammant
    Options

Gets my vote.

At present the automated emails come from alternate admin email addresses and is very confusing and annoying. Not sure how it is picking them up.

Please, please, please, implement this feature/option.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi all,

You can see a preview of the customized name at the bottom of Ben's most recent blog post, here. You'll be able to select if the email comes from "Smartsheet Automation", your organization, or the triggering user.

We'll update the Status here when it's released.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• srasbornik
    Options

@Joe Goetschel It seems that it requires you to have a Smartsheet license on two accounts to accomplish this, unless there is a way to make two users under one account?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm so looking forward to when this is publicly available.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• shou Xiaobai
    Options

looking forward to have the release available

• Sophie C
    Options

Hi all,

does anyone know if there's a release date for this update yet? This looks like its been in the pipeline for AGES but still nothing. I'm desperate to be able to add separate reply to and from email addresses.. as a sheet owner on many sheets, the direct replies are becoming relentless (despite highlighting not to reply directly!)

• Annw99
    Annw99 ✭✭
    Options

I too am very keen to see this update. Does anyone know when it will be released? It looks great in Ben's blog

• pdv90
    pdv90 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thats a great idea. We should be able to edit and customise the from field of the automation emails sent. Also can we have a cc column added to the automation emails sent instead of the automation sending the same email to every single person selected in the automation

• firestorm
    firestorm ✭✭✭
    Options

hello all, any idea when this will be released?

• mccoy_FSI
    mccoy_FSI ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

If automatically generated emails could be configured to come from a specific person rather than the sheet owner that would be great. Even better would be if the email actually came from that person's email rather than the external smartsheet email. It's really hard to use automations with this confusing email, everyone thinks it phishing.

• pstevereynolds
    edited 06/26/23
    Options

Has anyone tried setting up a "system" user for workflows? Would that burn a license to do so?

I too don't like having system type sheets or dashboards sending out from my name. Would be better for my use to have a generic name like EPMO and send from that.

I'm a fairly new user (less than 1 year) and just now getting into workflows, etc. Any suggestions on how best to architect would be much appreciated.