Forms: how to move some column data to a new row

Jen H.
Jen H. ✭✭✭
edited 06/23/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello, I am using a form to collect HR job / position requests. The upper portion of the form collects administrative information, the bottom portion collects position and financial information. The problem is that people often want to submit more than one job. The current state requires them to open the link again and submit a new form, thus having to repeat all of the administrative and financial information. This action prompts a new row to be created in the sheet.

Instead, is there an automation or column or row activity that will, if certain conditions are met, move the additional column data to the next row? I am trying to avoid having hundreds of columns wide and making the submitter have to repeat much of the information in a new form submission.

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jen H.

I hope you're well and safe!

This might help.

• I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• CAB
    CAB
    edited 11/01/22

Andree Stara, That would work for my need however I don't see your solution in your comment. Please share