Data Shuttle Not Working: Please select a Source in order to see dropdown options

Options
2»

Answers

• Roy D
    Roy D ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately I am having the same issue, i.e., "Please select a Source in order to see dropdown options".

I have a sheet and attached a simple Excel (.xlsx") file with 1K rows. The file is having header.

I did see the comments about Protection, but as I am using Excel attachment, not sure how to remove it. And I lost!

Any idea?

Step 1 – Select your source file

Step 2 – Select your target sheet

Step 3 – Filter your data

Step 4 – Map fields to columns

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Roy D

Are you able to post a screen capture of your source file, but block out sensitive data?

Is it possible that you also have a blank first row in the source?

• Roy D
    Roy D ✭✭
    Options

My file structure something like this. And the first row is having heading.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Roy D

Thank you for this information, your file structure looks fine so this should work without issue. There was an update made to Data Shuttle this week that I'm hopeful helped your error message - are you still seeing the same error?

If so, please reach out to Smartsheet Support with the information and images you have here, along with an attachment of your file and the URL to the sheet you're working with in Smartsheet. They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• aredmondchin
    Options

@Roy D We're you able to find a solution? I've opened up a support request but I'm experiencing the same issue as you today and none of the discussions above solved the issue.

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/17/24
    Options

I am having the same issue today, anyone solve it?

Edit, additional info, it reads the column headers for the unique ID, but not it the mapping.

• johnwiesenfeld
    Options

Same issue here. I set the source as "most recent" attachment to a sheet, and it finds the attachment just fine, but I get stuck on the mapping stage with the same error message.

• PSG_SS
    Options

I'm having the same issue with a onedrive connected excel file. I've tried other files that I have connected on other accounts, a new excel file from scratch with nothing but basic text on rows 1 and 2 etc etc. It seems to connect and find the sheet correctly, select the headers, rows, tabs etc correctly... but the mapping screen gives that same "please select a source" error. No idea what to do. Hoping to avoid the support desk and their 3 layers of "this is how to use a computer" questions before you get to someone who helps.