Big Time Saver: You Can Now Add Page Permissions in WorkApps

Hi Community, 

Are you tired of having to manually go into each role and set individual permissions whenever adding a new page to WorkApps? Not anymore! Smartsheet’s new features now allows users to set permissions whenever they add a new page in WorkApps, reducing the number of clicks it takes to change role settings as well as making the overall administrative flow smoother.

Previously a WorkApps page with a variety of users would default to “viewer” and the admin would have to manually update page permissions for each one which took four clicks. So a page with ten users would require forty clicks to have permissions updated for each. With this release, whenever a new page is added to WorkApps, the users automatically default to hidden and any changes can all be made in a single place.   

This new update is available to licensed users on Enterprise plans leveraging WorkApps.

To get started, try it out by going to https://www.smartsheet.com/platform/workapps or learn more about WorkApps by accessing our help articles here and here.

You can also stay informed by Subscribe to receive product release updates for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a daily email with news of what's released. (Emails will only send daily, Monday-Friday, as new releases are available).

John Hieger, Product Marketing Manager

Comments

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is pretty sweet. I spent some time with WorkApps last year and am spending time with it again and I'm in love with it. It's a much easier way to organize a workspace imo, with better control of who sees what.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.