Resource Management

Options

Hi,

I have the Smartsheet Resource Management integrated with our Smartsheet Project schedule and all setup was done by Smartsheet folks for the enterprise. Note that the time tracking setting is "Hours and Minutes."

My goal now is to track the resource allocations by project and phase (see example below). For instance, below, Aseel has an allocation of 10% in Phase 1, but a 30% allocation in Phase 3. How can I ensure that each resource's allocation is reflected correctly in resource management by phase, rather than just by the project?

I appreciate your help.

Best,

Aseel

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    edited 08/27/22
    Options

Hi @Aseel Hawi,

At the moment Resource Management phases aren't supported in Smartsheet. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

If you really need to use phases within your project, each new assignment will need to be manually inserted in their corresponding phase in Resource Management. Otherwise, you may want to refrain from using phases in your Projects connected via the Smartsheet Panel. 

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• alexlennon
    Options

In order to get around this issue, I have subdivided a project up and taken my Project # and put the phase responsible for in front of it. For example: Engineering 300400, Manufacturing 300400, etc. It means more Smartsheet sheets, and requires some more manual control of Predecessors between sheets, however, it sort of works.

Not really ideal...