API sheet changes and Activity Log

Options
Sing C
Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Hoping the great minds here can help solve a mystery.

We recently implemented Control Center (first started using it on 5-Aug) and one of the manual tasks we've set up a workflow to notify our admins to complete each week is to update the Control Center generated link in our demand management sheet to show 'Dashboard' in the display text rather than the full project name. [It seems Control Center doesn't have a mechanism to allow the update or definition of this upfront in the blueprint configuration].

End result is it looks like below, making dashboards and reports show consistent text in the link column rather than a potentially long project name:

I noticed this morning that the display text in the dashboard link column in the Demand Management sheet had all reverted back (showing the full project name). On looking at the Activity Log, I saw the below:

Every row had its display text changed from 'Dashboard' to it's previous value.

When I hover over the gear icon at the right hand side of each activity log entry, it says "API - Integrated App". What I can't figure out is what the possible apps are that integrating with the sheet and doing this. I've checked Data Shuttle and we don't have anything scheduled or anything created. We have a number of Dynamic Views but nothing that would update that column.

It has only happened once (19-Aug) so not even a weekly job of some kind, since it never happened on 12-Aug (the first Friday after we started using Control Center).

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions the community can offer.

Sing

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Ceridian

LinkedIn

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Sing C,

If no other application (Data Shuttle, Dynamic View, etc.) seems to be behind these changes, it is quite likely that Control Center is the culprit. If links are auto-generated with the Project naming system by default, any new runs of Control Center to provision new projects should be updating the links accordingly.

An alternative way to obtain more detail about these actions could be by checking each cell history.

If you find that Control Center isn't making these changes or the behavior found seems to be unexpected, If you haven't done yet, I would recommend opening a ticket with our Support team via this form.

I hope that this can help you investigate these events.

Cheers!

Julio

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Julio S.

Appreciate the response. I can rule out project provisioning because we have been provisioning projects before and after these date/times. On speaking to the Consulting team who delivered our Control Center implementation, it's likely it was the execution of a global update that 'reverted' the display text.

Thanks,

Sing

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Ceridian

LinkedIn