Error: Trigger Alert Someone workflow on a daily or weekly basis.

Options

Can someone explain to me why this automation works:

But this automation throws an error:

The error occurs when I try to change the trigger to "daily" or "weekly". The error is as follows:

According to this smartsheet article, there should be no problem with this workflow: Trigger frequent, change-based automations in batches | Smartsheet Learning Center.

I thought the issue might be that workflow #2 is sending to a contact in a cell rather than a specific contact. However, I tested workflow #2 by adding a specific name, and I still get the same error.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kayla Q

I hope you're well and safe!

It's because you're using the Placeholder feature.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kayla Q

Does it let you switch it to Daily if you remove the {{KLG Project Lead}} from the message and any other references you've got in the message within double {{}}? What about rebuilding the workflow from the top down as Daily? At some point it should start throwing an error and will let you know what part of the automation it's having a problem with.