Linking an Excel cell to Smartsheet a cell

Options

Dears,

I would like to collect status updates from test scripts created and used in Excel and present it in Smartsheet.

All test scripts in Excel have one cell indicating the percentage completion level of the test script.

Objective is to link that one cell to Smartsheet sheet where I present the list of all test scripts and next to them I would like to have the completion level shown as they appear in the individual test scripts. Thus I do not need to import rows or columns, but only link one cell from an Excel file to Smartsheet next to the Name of test script.

I have started to experiment Data shuttle.. but feels it is not created to have a single cell link, but to import ranges of data. Or I a just need to learn more about how to use it..

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas! Thanks in advance!

Bela

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Bela

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use Data Shuttle to update a separate sheet and then use a cross-sheet formula to collect what you need.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bela
    Bela ✭✭
    Options

Hi Andrée!

Thanks for the idea, I believe this workaround could do the job!

I still wonder if there is a solution which does not require a workaround and could link cells directly...

Kind regards,

Bela