Copy of Form + Responses

Hello,

How do I generate a copy of a form + responses from a past submitter?

The only option I've seen is to print a PDF from a Smartsheet row. This isn't helpful because in doing this, the questions appear in short form along with the submitter responses. This would not be appropriate to send to a submitter in my use-case. The other suggestion I've seen is generating a document, but not sure that is helpful either because it seems like a go-forward solution.

I have already enabled the "send me a copy of my responses" checkbox for any submissions going forward, which contains the proper format I need: the original questions as they appear to the submitter on the form, and their responses.

But I am looking for a solution to my existing problem, which is sending a past submitter a copy of their responses with the long form question, as it appears on the form.

Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @R.M.A.

I had the same question and found that 'generating a document' is useful for existing entries.

I windows snipped sections of the smartsheet form, pasted to word and saved as a pdf.

I then used adobe acrobat to add appropriate fields (resizing to account for long form answers).

This document was then uploaded when selecting 'generate document' [+ create] option.

After applying the appropriate fields and saving, the pdf was available under Saved Mappings for all rows.

I then generated and saved the replicated form, ready for emailing.

The extra step was to manually attach the pdf to the row, for ease of future reference.

It seems to work well. I hope this helps.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @R.M.A

I hope you're well and safe!

I agree with Jason, and I'd add that you could also automate the creation and sending of the document.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ARodman
    ARodman ✭✭

Hi Andrée,

I am also looking to fix a similar issue at the moment. I created a fillable pdf and built the automation of the document. However, the only option I have is to attach it to the row in the sheet. Is there anyway to auto-email the documents to the submitter as long as they enter their email on the form. I prefer to do it that way because the document looks more official than the emailed responses from the form.

Thanks,

A