Document Generator error - role cannot have its name and email set by Smartsheet

Options
Natalia Kataoka
Natalia Kataoka ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/03/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have an issue with some of my eSignature doc generation templates where I have updated the template within Docusign to have a standard signing role set and no longer require the role to be set by a contact field in Smartsheet.

I have updated the Smartsheet esign mappings to reflect this, but the following error always pops up:

I have checked the mappings and they are correctly set to pull the role info from Docusign.

I know I can just create a new esign mapping, but I want to avoid adding additional & unnecessary tracking columns. Any ideas to fix the error?

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Natalia Kataoka,

It is likely that your template recipient has recently been updated from dynamic to a static one and this could be the reason why the error is produced.

Please try to reassign roles within your mapping configuration as a possible way of resolving this. If that doesn't work, the mapping will need to be rebuilt as these are not prepared to handle changes within the underlying template.

If you continue to see unexpected errors or other behavior in your connected documents even after recreating the template, you may want to open a ticket with our Support team via this form.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio