Is there a way to save and recall sheet layout (i.e. column visibility, order, width, etc.)

Soeder1
Soeder1 ✭✭
edited 11/08/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I provide updates to different groups in PDF and Excel format. Not all columns are visible to all groups, and they aren't always in the same order for all groups.

I'm wasting more time than I would like unhiding and re-hiding specific columns, dragging the columns into the right order, and then setting the column widths, etc. to re-create these layouts all the time.

I would LOVE to be able to just set this up once for each group and SAVE the layout so I can recall it later. I.e. I want one sheet, where I make updates, and I then want to have different views of that sheet (not just card or grid or gantt, but actually my own layouts) that I can quickly pull-up to export a PDF or Excel doc.

Is there any way to do this? I'm not a smartsheet expert by any means, so maybe there is a way to do this using Reports, or something like that. I just don't know enough to know what is/isn't possible.

Any shove in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

----------------edit to add additional info-------------------------

I use these sheets during cross-functional meetings and meetings with department managers, so I need to be able to present the correct "view" of the sheet (i.e. column order, hidden columns, column widths, etc.) during these meetings, and be able to make updates to the sheet during these meetings in real time. After the meeting, I create the report and send it out to additional parties.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Soeder1

Yes, Reports are another view of one or more sheets, but you can't add rows in the Report, so you would either add them through a form or have placeholder rows for additional information.

You could have one Report for each meeting.

Make sense?

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers