Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Access values stored in cell history

2»

Comments

• KCam
    KCam ✭✭✭

We are desperate for this functionality for project management analysis. We are date stamping when a project changes Development Status, but I need a full history that can show specifics (status, entered by who, date, etc). Please!

Karla

• mdemul
    mdemul ✭✭✭✭

I agree with previous posts. I'm tracking changes to sheets including archiving of rows and moving rows to another sheet (with archived data). I was asked to create a historical report on what rows were created and archived when, and this is near impossible. I'm manually copying data from the cell history.

If there was a formula to access cell history, this would save a ton of time.

• I would love this feature as then I could do proper trending analysis without having a separate tracking sheet recording daily values.

• Gabela
    Gabela ✭✭✭

Has there been any development on adding the request to the enhancement list?

• I agree this idea would be tremendously valuable.

• Sometimes, to reward someone who has updated sheets properly on time, we need to check the history of each cell. Similarly, if incorrect data is entered, we need to identify the user responsible by reviewing cell history. It would be beneficial to have a formula or feature, such as HISTORY(), "Get Column History," "Cell Changed By Whom," or "Cell Change Date/Time," that provides this information directly. This would simplify the process of tracking changes, saving time, and reducing manual effort for users.

Estemum Kamal Lithia

Automation Analyst