Data Shuttle - upload uploads also rows that do not meet filter criteria

Options
Michaela Kamenska
Michaela Kamenska ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/21/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all,

so I'm quite new to the data shuttle. What I'm trying to do is to automatically update our team member's individual sheets based on what projects they are assigned.

I've created an offload of the master tracker (without any filter criteria) and tried to create an upload to a team member sheet. The only filter I am using is as below.

For some unknown reason, however, the file also uploads other projects that are not assigned to this person. The settings on this column in the master tracker are "Dropdown - Select multiple".

I am not sure what I am doing wrong as I've tried copy-pasting the name to this filter from the Master tracker, as well as from the offload CSV file, but for some unknown reason I am getting other projects uploaded to this sheet. The mapping is set up to only map the project code, which is also selected as a unique identifier column and workflow options and row options are as below.

What am I doing wrong?

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Michaela Kamenska

I set up a test Data Shuttle with your same parameters and was able to successfully have the rows filtered as you described in the ideal scenario.

Since you have a multi-select column with the values, this means that the contact names will appear as text values with commas between them in the exported file. Then your filter is looking to see if that column in your exported file contains the two names (first and last name). Is it possible that the additional rows being brought in contain the first and last name of this individual within another name?

For example, "Jess J" would also bring in "Jess Jones" and "Jess Jantzen". And "Joe Smith" would also bring in "Joe Smithson".

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to see your source sheet, exported file, and criteria that you're using... however since that's sensitive data, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support so they can work with you through a private channel where you can safely share that information.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Michaela Kamenska
    Michaela Kamenska ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

Thank you for trying to work it out. I am quite sure that the projects that are pulling into the team member sheet do not have the name in that cell. Unfortunately, for an unknown reason, it is pulling all projects into the sheet. I've reached out to some people in my company for help, hopefully this will be resolved.