Using Power Automate to bring in email+attachments from Outlook

Options

Hello! I'm a new user/licensee of Smartsheet!

Is it possible to attach files/docs to a row via Power Automate? I've set up a simple flow to create rows on a sheet each time an email arrives in a shared inbox in Outlook with the aim of streamlining the collaboration required to respond to the emails. However, all my attempts to bring in any attachments on each email do not appear to be working.

Has anyone had success doing something like this?

Thanks,

Ken

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ken Gloeckner

Welcome! I'm glad you could join us in the Smartsheet Community 🙂

In regards to your question, no, I don't believe it's possible to add attachments to a row via Power Automate. I checked the Power Automate Community and found a related post that confirms this, here.

If you're working with Outlook, Smartsheet actually has an Add-in with Outlook that may help. This Add-in will add a new comment to the row in Smartsheet, using the message body of the email as the comment. Email attachments will also be uploaded to the row by default.

Here's the article on this: Smartsheet for Outlook Add-in

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ken Gloeckner

Welcome! I'm glad you could join us in the Smartsheet Community 🙂

In regards to your question, no, I don't believe it's possible to add attachments to a row via Power Automate. I checked the Power Automate Community and found a related post that confirms this, here.

If you're working with Outlook, Smartsheet actually has an Add-in with Outlook that may help. This Add-in will add a new comment to the row in Smartsheet, using the message body of the email as the comment. Email attachments will also be uploaded to the row by default.

Here's the article on this: Smartsheet for Outlook Add-in

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Ken Gloeckner
    Options

Thanks, Genevieve! We've been playing around with the Outlook Add-in for the past week and so far has been very helpful!

Thanks again,

Ken