Pivot App Max Rows & Columns

Options

Hello,

I am trying to configure a pivot table and am getting a message stating there is a maximum number of rows of 4 and columns of 1. I called support and they don't seem to know why I'm seeing what I'm seeing. Has anyone else seen this?

Thank you,

Khari

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Khari Shiver

To clarify, those are maximum groupings for the Pivot configuration, not maximum rows/columns in the final sheet. The standard Smartsheet sheet limits apply to Pivot-created sheets as well (200,000 cells - 20,000 rows / 400 columns)

1. Columns The fields you add to the Columns box will be the values across the top of your pivot table (calendar months for example).
    2. Rows The fields you add to the Rows box will appear on the left side of the pivot table. If you add multiple fields, you’ll create hierarchies. The hierarchy is driven by the order in which the fields appear in the Rows box.

See: Create a pivot sheet

You can only set one column as the values across the top of your pivot table, and only up to 4 levels of hierarchy (rows). I'd recommend reviewing the training in the Smartsheet University specific to the Pivot App for more information.

Cheers,

Genevieve